The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable. Ask me about my Buyer's Questionnaire which helps me understand your needs and wants perfectly.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little, if any, inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo or can be easily added)? The "wants" can be divided into "small wants" and big wants". For example, new appliances, tankless water heater, large backyard deck, etc.
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
So let’s meet. To schedule your Personal Consultation please call, email, or contact me using this short form
And remember to click HERE to download a copy of Sol's 2019 Buyers Guide
If you’re buying, click here to find a property that meets all of your expectations.