Entertainment in Thornhill
Regardless of the type of entertainment you are looking for, Thornhill delivers. From sports bars to a great night out bowling with friends, there is a never-ending choice of options to choose from. Here is an overview of some of the local favourites and must visit places if you are new to the Thornhill area.
The Flato Markham Theatre is best known for performing arts and drama, but also does local and school based productions.
SilverCity Richmond Hill Cinemas showcase all the latest Hollywood blockbusters as well as special features such as:
- The Performing Arts -The MET Opera LIVE, Bolshoi Ballet direct from Moscow, Musicals.
- Film Series – Classical, Family Favourites, Travel and Anime.
- Music and Sports – Concerts and music, WWE.
All of their theatres are equipped with state-of-the-art sound systems and offer RealD 3-D, Ultra AVX and IMAX showings to maximize your viewing experience. Richmond Hill Cinemas also offer special events such as Stars and Strollers for moms with young babies.
Splittsville Entertainment is Canada’s premier family entertainment centre. They offer 28 lanes of bowling as well as an arcade and a fully licensed restaurant and lounge. Splittsville is the perfect place for a birthday party or just a great night out with friends and family. Splittsville also offers:
- Private bookings for corporate events or parties.
- Glow in the dark bowling.
- A pro shop.
- Laser tag.
- League bowling.
Canada’s Wonderland is Canada’s Largest Amusement park at 134 Hectares(330 acres). It’s open every day from May to September, with weekend openings in April and October.
Bars and Pubs
WEGZ Stadium Bar
It is no surprise that WEGZ’s has been voted Vaughan’s number one sports bar. WEGZ’s Stadium Bar is family friendly and the perfect place to catch all the big games. The stadium bar offers a wide range of options to watch your favourite sporting events – from outdoor patios to private rooms, where you and your friends can cheer on your team, you will find it all at WEGZ’s.
WEGZ’s also serves up an excellent choice of food and snacks in case you get hungry. WEGZ is your best bet for pro-line betting. Beat the spread and cheer on your favourite team at the same time. WEGZ also offers:
- Full-sized billiard tables and foosball tables.
- Private rooms and bars with state-of-the-art LCD TV’s and surround sound.
- Horseracing from around the world – watch and wager.
The Barrel – Live Public House
The Barrel is one of Vaughan’s newest public houses. Here you can enjoy daily specials and weekly events such as karaoke and live music. The Barrel serves up a wide variety of tasty menu items and has a great selection of craft beers as well as drink specials. Make sure to stop by today and visit one of Vaughan’s newest local eateries.
Carbon Bar and Grill
The Carbon Bar and Grill offers up an excellent menu choice as well as daily food and lunch specials. The Carbon offers an extensive drink menu with a local wine and cocktail selection. On the weekends, the bar comes alive with local DJ’s spinning your favourite tracks into the wee hours. If you are looking for excellent food or a great night out, the Carbon Bar and Grill is the place for you.
Toronto is the place to go if you are looking for dance clubs. Thornhill’s proximity to Canada’s largest city makes these clubs quite accessible for an evening of fun and dancing. Some of the more popular nightclubs in Toronto include:
- Sneaky Dee’s – Hosts local and touring musicians. Also plays independent and top 40 music for dance parties on weekends.
- The Underground Garage – 5 floors of different music including a rooftop dance floor and restaurant.
- Lee’s Palace – Home of the Dance Cave and hosts live music events and concerts.