This year, why not try something new and set a few New Year resolutions for your home? These home goals will transform your home into a greener, more efficient and cleaner living space. As the premier real estate agent for homes for sale in Thornhill, I would like to share the following possible New Year’s resolutions for your home.
Create a Schedule
A schedule is a great visual that can keep you on track and help you achieve your goal. Why not apply the same tool to your home? Create a schedule to help you achieve a cleaner home this New Year. When creating your schedule, make sure to break it into the following two parts:
- A daily schedule for tasks such as washing and drying the dishes, hanging up jackets and putting dirty clothes in the hamper.
- A weekly schedule for chores such as taking out the recycling and garbage, laundry, cleaning up rooms and vacuuming.
When creating a schedule, make sure to include the whole family and designate chores to each member, so that they can help and be a part of this New Year resolution.
A Green Year
No matter what time of the year it is, a greener lifestyle and a reduction of your carbon footprint is a great resolution. This goal can start at home by creating a more energy efficient and energy conscious house. A green approach to your home doesn’t need to cost you a dime and may actually help you save some money in the long run. Some easy ways to achieve this goal include:
- Turn off the lights in any room that you are not using.
- Turn down your hot water tank by a few degrees. You will not even notice the temperature difference and at the same time reduce your overall heating bill.
- Turn down the heat in your home at night or when you are not home. This simple task will help you save money and reduce the amount of energy you consume.
Less is More
Over many years you can accumulate a lot of things. This New Year take the time to streamline each room in your house. If you have outgrown or no longer need an item, make sure to move it out of your home. Don’t just put that item into storage or move it from one area of the house to another.
Here’s the Deal:
This resolution will not only greatly reduce the amount of clutter in your home, it will also allow you to be better organized and if done properly will give you more space.
These resolutions will have your home in tip-top shape in no time at all. If you would like some other New Year’s resolution ideas or are interested in some of the new and exciting real estate opportunities that abound in Thornhill, please contact me today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Happy New Year.