If you have been thinking about selling your home, but have been putting it off because of costly renovations, no more need to worry. As the premier agent for homes for sale in Thornhill, I would like to offer the following easy and inexpensive upgrades that you can do that will attract buyers and sell your home.
Clear the Room
One of the most important things that you can do as a seller is open all your rooms to showcase the open space and true square footage. Do this by moving your furniture to the walls and even storing or moving furniture or clutter to open the room. Buyers want to envision their belongings and lifestyle in your space, so stage your house appropriately.
Details, Details, Details
Before your first open house, take the time to examine all parts of your home and make sure that it is in tip-top shape. Make sure to:
- Remove all scuffs and scrapes from your walls and do any touch ups if necessary.
- Mow your lawn and make sure that it is free of debris. If you are listing your home in the winter, shovel the driveway and have all walkways free of ice and compact snow.
- Turn on all of the lights in your home and replace any burnt out bulbs. You do not want a prospective buyer thinking that your home may have electrical issues.
- Oil the hinges, doors and drawers in your home, to quiet any squeaking. Also ensure that no doors or drawers are sticking or do not properly open or close.
Another easy update that will make your home more attractive to a buyer is cleaning or replacing any broken or bent blinds. You don’t want your home to come across as a fixer upper or a do-it-yourself project, so make sure that your blinds and window dressings are in perfect working order. Pay specific attention to knotted cords or broken or loose wands.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. This is particularly true when it comes to attracting buyers. To offer a positive first impression of your home, be sure to:
- Clear the entrance way and front steps of any debris or clutter.
- Ensure that your doorbell is in fine working order.
- Take the time to polish or clean the knocker and mailbox.
These simple and inexpensive upgrades should turn that for sale sign into a sold one in no time. If you would like a list of other easy upgrades or are interested in listing your home on the Thornhill real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team. I look forward to working with you soon.