An attractive and well-kept exterior is important if you want to sell your home at full market value. No potential home buyer wants to purchase a home with a long list of to do projects. As the premier agent for all your Crestwood Springfarm Yorkhill real estate needs, I would like to offer you the following simple tips on how you can easily enhance the outward appearance of your house.
Sometimes little details can make a huge difference. This is especially true when it comes to your home. Some simple additions that can really increase your curb appeal include:
- Add some flowers to your newly landscaped yard or put some hanging baskets or planters on your front deck to welcome potential homebuyers.
- Upgrade or repaint your mailbox.
- Add or replace your welcome mat before your next open house.
- Add shutters to the exterior of your home. Shutters are an excellent way to break up a monotonous outside wall and will make your windows look bigger. Try to choose a colour that contrasts with your exterior to maximize the effect.
- Add, repaint or install some house numbers on your front gate.
- Upgrade or repaint your light fixtures.
Clean It Up
The most inexpensive way to add curb appeal is to spend a weekend cleaning up your yard and the exterior of your home.
Here’s the deal:
To effectively increase curb appeal, you are going to have to do more than mow the lawn, rake the leaves and sweep the front porch.
When cleaning your home make sure to:
- Rent a power washer to spray down the exterior of your home, your driveways, fence and all other walkways. Be careful to not damage any caulking or your rooftop shingles.
- Weed and rake your lawn and trim all bushes, shrubs and trees in your yard.
- Re-caulk any damaged areas around windows or doors.
- Wash windows both inside and outside.
A fresh coat of paint is a great way to greatly improve the look of your home. A newly painted home will make your home stand out in the market and will be appreciated by any potential buyer. If painting your home is not an option or not in your budget, there are other ways to increase your home’s curb appeal.
- Repaint your front door. Try adding some colour to your door.
- Paint the trim around your doors and windows and any other accent areas.
These simple yet effective tips will add so much to your home. If you are interested in other ways to improve the exterior of your home or are thinking about listing your home on the Crestwood Springfarm Yorkhill real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team. I look forward to working with you soon.