Springfarm Yorkhill Homes For Sale
I’m the agent who specializes in Springfarm Yorkhill real estate. I’ve been in real estate just about my entire adult life, buying, selling, leasing, and managing real estate all over the Greater Toronto Area. I also own or owned residential and commercial properties as well as condos and I’ve even been the president of a condo corporation for two terms.
I brought the buyers to 3 of my last 4 sales.
I have a reputation for solving any kind of real estate problem for everyone’s benefit. Click Here to find out why. For many years clients have found my Springfarm Yorkhill REALTOR® services to be invaluable in achieving their goals.
124 Heatherton Way in Vaughan: Crestwood-Springfarm-Yorkhill House (2-Storey) for sale : MLS®# N4366058$1,388,000Freehold
- MLS® Num:
- 3An Upgraded 4-Br Home In Prestigious Springfarm Area. Premium Corner Lot In A Quite Circle. Close To Synagogue, Bus, Shops And Promenade Mall, Steps To Yonge St. Facing South, 3 Sky Lights And Big Windows Bring In Natural Lights Plus Potlights Throughout. Well-Designed Living Space, Hardwood Floors Main& Sec, Upgraded Kitchen Granite Countertops, Backsplash & Newer Appliances, New Washrooms, Wetbar, Newly Renovated Basement And Laundry Area.Enclosed Porch More detailsListed by MASTER`S TRUST REALTY INC., BROKERAGE
812 11 Townsgate Drive in Vaughan: Crestwood-Springfarm-Yorkhill Condo for sale : MLS®# N4363799$829,000Condo
- MLS® Num:
- 2Almost 1400Sqft2 Of Gorgeous Apt Plus Balcony & Huge Walk Out Terrace! This Unit Is Rare In Size And Beauty,Completely Gutted & Renovated Top To Bottom This Unit Is Stunning!! Brand New Kitchen With Stone Counters, All New Stainless Steel Appliances, New Flooring,&Both Washrooms Renovated Enjoy Nw Sun Filled Views In Your Castle In The Sky! Same Flr Locker & 2 Parking Spaces Beside Each Other. Move Right In And Start Enjoying Resort Style Amenities Today! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REALTRON REALTY INC., BROKERAGE
50 Rejane Crescent in Vaughan: Crestwood-Springfarm-Yorkhill House (2-Storey) for sale : MLS®# N4363016$886,000Freehold
- MLS® Num:
- 3Location, Location, Location!Beautiful 3 Bdrm Family Home W/Finished Bsmt. Walk In And Love It! Tastefully Updated Home For First Time Buyer. Newer Roof, Interlocking Driveway. Enclosed Front Porch, Large Backyard W/Kids Playground. Excellent & Convenient Location. Close To Super Market, Mall, School, Park, Etc. Newly Renovated Kitchen In The Basement With One Bed And Bathroom. Must See Virtual Tour! More detailsListed by REAL ONE REALTY INC., BROKERAGE
What Clients Say About Sol Kahane…
That’s when things took off for me
❝I will tell you what Sol is really all about. I had a nasty problem with an investment property. Nobody gave me the advice I needed and my real estate agent was trying to talk me into selling it and taking a loss on it. Then my neighbour introduced me to Sol and that’s when things took off for me. He not only told me how to fix my problem, but he actually helped me. I decided not to sell after all and I’m so happy I listened to Sol. I now have 2 more properties because of him. He knows real estate. He knows how to negotiate and best of all, he knows how to manage problems. I now tell people that they better call Sol.❞
– T. Del Vecchio
You have to try Sol`s system
❝Sol had a questionnaire for us and after going through it together, we felt he knew exactly what we were looking for. Each house we viewed was better than the last, but we were outbid beyond our budget. A few days later, Sol’s system alerted us when another new property just listed for sale that fell within our specs.
It really gave us a stronger competitive edge, but his ‘extra suggestion’ got the sellers to sell it to us. If it wasn’t for Sol, we would still be looking for a place and probably be priced out of the home we wanted.❞
— Mr. & Mrs. A. Mason
Sol offers a tremendous cash rebate for first time home buyers. Please click this link to see the details...
1. Sol Kahane, the Person
- The people here are very friendly. Most of our friends live in Thornhill within walking distance.
- My wife and I go for walks to the Oakbank Pond Park shown below. We love to eat at Kuu Sushi and Mezza Notte Trattoria or get take-out from Cynthia’s Chinese Restaurant. See more restaurants in Thornhill.
- I love Thornhill because it’s a northern suburb of Toronto. It’s only 40 minutes to the Toronto downtown financial core, but it’s a different city. The new VivaNext Rapidway is being built through the main business and residential area of Thornhill to make transit much easier and faster. There are lots of condos and many pockets of houses of different price ranges from middle class up to the super rich.
- I’ve lived in Thornhill since 1987. I walk my dog daily around the Rosedale North Park area. I like to have breakfast at Centre Street Deli. I love their eggs and salami.
- My three kids grew up in Thornhill, and went to Rosedale Heights Public School. One daughter went to Westmount Collegiate and is now at Wilfred Laurier University in nearby Waterloo.
- My other daughter went to Thornhill Secondary School and is now at University of Toronto. My son went to Thornlea Secondary School and is now at York University which is only minutes from Thornhill. He was a Zookeeper at Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre located right next door in Vaughan.
- See more about Schools in Thornhill by clicking here.
I’ve enjoyed being an active part of the Thornhill community for many years. I bumped into Thornhill Member of Parliament Peter Kent above at the annual Thornhill Festival. I’ve known Peter since my daughter worked in his office when she was in Grade 12.
2. Giving Back
- I donate a portion of every commission I earn to Habitat For Humanity.
- My wife and I also volunteered as wish granters for the Starlight Foundation. They grant wishes to terminally, critically and chronically ill children. Something like this is too hard to volunteer on a long-term basis because it affects you. We lasted about two years.
- I was Involved in school parent council events such as fun fairs, school plays, school fundraisers, movie nights.
- I assisted coaching my son’s hockey team. I also coached my daughter’s soccer team at the Glen Shields Futbol Club, and I helped coach my son’s soccer team below.
3. Getting to Know Thornhill
- Highway 407, the fastest moving and least congested highway in the GTA is less than five minutes north of the mall. Within walking distance from the mall, you can reach several condo buildings, houses of different price ranges, parks, ponds, schools (public and private), restaurants, Walmart, and more.
- The Promenade Mall is the centre shopping area. It’s just two minutes north of Toronto.
- There are two large Community Centres and both are less than five minutes away from the Promenade Mall area. The photo below is of the North Thornhill Community Centre. These community centres have arenas, large swimming pools, gyms, as well as activities and classes for all ages. More about Thornhill Community Centres here.
- Home Depot and Mackenzie Health hospital are about 10 minutes away in Richmond Hill. Tim Hortons is a five minute drive in any direction (aren’t they all?) and my house is a 15 minute stroll from the Promenade Mall. A golf course and Ski Centre is less than a 10 minute drive to Vaughan, the Uplands Ski Centre and Golf Club.
- See More about Thornhill...
4.Sol Kahane, Problem Solver
These are real life stories well told by Sol himself about a number of adventures he’s had during his career in real estate. There are excerpts from the stories below, and links to see the entire story if you wish.
1) Sol’s Determination Rescues a Client and Many Condo Owners
- Around 2009, one of the real estate companies I consult for bought 18 condo apartment units along with 4 commercial condo units directly from a developer who converted an office building into residential condos with commercial condo units on the ground floor. The developer left the project in several states of incompletion.
- They also falsely accused the developer of not removing old insulation containing urea formaldehyde.
- No bank now would provide a mortgage on any unit in the building.
- I found out that they practically bankrupted the condo corp.
- That was the last straw. I wanted them out of the board.
- See how Sol resolved these problems...
2) Sol Saves a Landlord Client
- Mary, a previous tenant who became a landlady herself, had a trouble tenant living in her basement. He seemed like a nice and respectable man, except that he didn’t like paying rent.
- Mary was a good tenant so I was compelled to ask her to let me take over her mess.
- I let it slip out I was going downtown to have criminal charges filed. I remember him saying “That’s exciting” and my reply “Not for you, it isn’t!”.
- See how Sol created a happy solution for his client...
3) Sol Literally Saves One of His Tenants
On the flip side, there are tenants who are honest and hard working and happen to fall on some bad luck. Quite some time ago, I had a tenant who always paid rent and always paid on time. One month (it was November), he was a few days late so when I was at the property, I knocked on his door.
When he opened the door and I saw his pale face, I thought he was quite ill. I asked him what was wrong. He explained that he was broke and hadn’t eaten in over 2 days. Although he owed me money, I felt morally responsible to feed him simply because I could.
“It’s funny how my eyes tear up when I remember him.”
I immediately took him to a restaurant/pub across the street. Till today, I remember exactly what he ate. Chicken noodle soup, club sandwich with fries and coke, apple pie and coffee. I later gave him money to buy groceries and because I knew him for years, I was confident that that’s how he spent the money I gave him.
A few weeks later, he managed to get a job with the City of Toronto in waste collection and happily paid the 2 months rent he owed me. At that point, he was the happiest tenant I had ever had. It’s funny how my eyes tear up when I remember him.
4) Sol’s Real Estate Experience Saves Time and Trouble
Every once in a while, I have to find new tenants either for myself or for clients. I find the best tenants I can and I screen them well beyond their application forms or I secure strong guarantees. Because of this, I no longer have to deal with bad tenants or having to go to the Landlord and Tenant Board.
I see all the other agents asking for applications and credit checks and that’s it. This is not enough specially if/when situations change or the applicant tricks the inexperienced agent. Unfortunately, this is exactly how landlords get their Landlord and Tenant Board experience.
Recently someone quizzed me about the hearing procedures and time frames in order to gauge my experience. I explained to him that I no longer know how long it takes to get a hearing date because I have experience avoiding that.
Contact Sol for any real estate problem you have. He’s the man you want on your side.
If we haven’t already met I’d be happy to buy you a cup of coffee and talk about how I can be of service. Call 416-576-6656 now or use this short form.
If you’re selling click here to learn more about the process and how to ensure your property sells quickly for the highest price possible.
If you’re buying, click here to find a property that meets all of your expectations.